Russell Dowden has been in radio for 20 years hosting News, & Alternative Talk Radio, Sports and Rock n Roll musical formats in his broadcasting career.
Dowden has called play by play for AISD Game of The Week and is no stranger to the airwaves of Radio and TV industries, having been cast for several reality TV roles.
Dowden has also worked for Sunburst Media, Infowars, Cumulus Broadcasting and CBS Radio Network as an advertising executive and radio personality. He has produced shows for NPR and Community Radio. (KVNS, KOOP, KVRX, KMBH, KHID, KJCE, KESO, KFRQ, KTEX, KKMJ, KKPS, KVLY, KTXZ) including a Syndicated show on The GCN Radio Network. This fall Russell joins the KVET family at AM 1300 The Zone in Austin.
In his publishing career, Dowden has published more than 165 monthly publications such as, Weird Magazine, Infowars Magazine, The Austin Para Times, Rockstar Magazine & Texas Sports Monthly.
104.9 THE HORN FM Commerical
- No. 9 Softball rallies past No. 5/4 Alabama to force decisive third game, 7-5The Longhorns and Crimson Tide will battle for a berth in the WCWS on Saturday at 1 p.m. CT on ESPN.
- Track & Field has another strong day at NCAA West PrelimsJonathan Jones breaks 27-year-old school record in 400m, Teahna Daniels wins 100m and eight more Longhorns punch tickets to NCAA Championships June 5-8 in Austin.
- Divers add three to Sunday finals at USA Diving NationalsJake Cornish, Alison Gibson and Meghan O'Brien advance to finals.
- No. 5 Men’s Golf in eighth place after opening round at NCAA ChampionshipsFreshman Parker Coody fired an even-par 72 and is tied for 12th in the individual standings.
- Men’s Tennis UT Tower Lighting set for MondayThe UT Tower will be lit in burnt orange with a numeral "1" on all four sides in recognition of the Men's Tennis National Championship.
- UT Athletics announces 2019 Spring Commencement participantsA total of 90 current and former UT student-athletes are scheduled to participate in commencement exercises this weekend or are projected spring or summer 2019 graduates.