Publisher & CEO/Advertising Sales
His background in publishing and radio has made him a talker and a hustler. From graphic design to voice work or advertising consulting, Dowden has over 25 years experience in his hometown Austin as a contributor to many forms of media like community radio, Sports Talk and Public Access TV. Dowden has published more than 165 monthly publications such as, Weird Magazine, Infowars Magazine, The Austin Para Times, Rockstar Magazine & Texas Sports Monthly. If you are interested in advertising with us contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Pat has been a Texas High School Football coach for 35 years. Pat is also an amateur sports and wedding photographer since 2000.
Specialties: Coaching Football and Track. He is USATF Master certified and has worked the state track meet for 26 years as well as the Texas Relays and the Olympic Trials. Coach Carrigan has shot photography for Texas Sports Monthly, Dave Campbell’s High School Football, and TexasHSFootball.com
Sports Writer / Co-Host
River Tompkins is the author of Everything I Know About Football. River spent last year working with Mike Rosenthal and his coaching staff as an assistant coach with the Austin High football team. River also worked with Todd Dodge as an assistant coach during his QB/WR program. River reported for Texas Sports Monthly on high school games throughout last year, including every playoff game of Westlake’s all the way through the final championship game in Dallas. River continued his press box coverage for TSM in both Houston and Dallas reporting live on the XFL.
River has a successful podcast & YouTube channel on NFL fantasy football and statistical analysis of game day matchups.
Sports Writer/ – Tucker is a graduate of Texas Lutheran University in Seguin and has been covering high school sports in Central/South Texas since 2005. He’s written for the Seguin Gazette, San Marcos Daily Record, Corpus Christi Caller-Times, San Antonio Express-News and is the sports editor of the Herald-Zeitung in New Braunfels.
Sports Writer/ Daniel has been contributing to TSM since 2018 and freelances with different publications. A native of Virginia and graduate from Roanoke College, Daniel majored in English and has written for BoomerMag and the Village News.
ADVERTISE WITH US.
To advertise with Texas Sports Monthly please contact us for a quote for your business today.
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- Seven Longhorns named 2021 Dr. Gerald Lage Academic Achievement Award recipientsAriola, Cooper, Hepa, Krueger, Nevins, Strouphauer and Sullivan earn Big 12 Conference's highest academic honor.
- Plonsky joins United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee in announcing phase one concepts of USOPC College Sports Sustainability Think TankAs a member of the USOPC College Sports Sustainability Think Tank, Texas Athletics Chief of Staff Chris Plonsky joined the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee to announce its phase one priorities, which includes three concepts focused on sport sustainability, sport structure and vertical partnerships. The concepts were generated through three working groups, which convened […]