Houston – The Rockets played tight defense in a huge win over a tough Jazz team Wednesday night as the 100 to 93 victory advances the team into the next round of the NBA Playoffs.
A great moral win as well since the Warriors were out hustled and out hooped at home Wednesday against a gritty LA Clippers team who were facing elimination. The longer those two keep battling to see who takes on the awaiting Rockets the more rest Houston will get. The Clippers host the Warriors on Friday in LA for game 6 .
The Rockets will now advance to the Western Conference Semifinals for the third straight season. “These last few games, we hung our hat on defense and that’s what gonna get us to our goal,” said point guard James Harden.
The Rockets’ came up 1 game short in last years goal is to win an NBA championship when Chris Paul injured his hamstring in game 6 of the 2018 Western Conference finals. With a renewed since of pride and goal of getting back to the Finals the Rockets like their chances.
Although Houston is still waiting on its second-round opponent following Los Angeles’ victory in Wednesday’s Game 5, the Rockets will reportedly fly to the Bay Area on Friday in anticipation of a Sunday matchup with the Warriors reported the Houston Chronicle. Clint Capela says he wants to play Warriors in the next round even though Chris Paul
Capela: “That’s what I want. I want to face them.” Speaking about the Warriors. Paul to Capela: “Aw, man. You’re going to be all over Bleacher Report. It’s cool, though. It is what it is.”
Paul to a reporter: “Look at you. You can’t wait to tweet that.”
Capela: “We’ve been working on it all year long. I think if you want to be the champion, you’ve got to beat the champion. So, at some point, you’ve got to do it, right?” Game 1 will be Sunday unless the Clippers win Friday.
104.9 THE HORN FM Commerical
- Soccer single-game tickets on sale August 2Join Texas Soccer for the 2019 home season at Mike A. Myers Stadium.
- Four Longhorns named to preseason watch listsTexas OL Zach Shackelford and Parker Braun were named to the Outland Trophy watch list, while DBs Brandon Jones and Caden Sterns were announced as candidates for the Nagurski Trophy on Tuesday.
- UT places 299 student-athletes on Spring 2019 Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor RollHonor roll recognizes those student-athletes who register a 3.0 or better grade point average for the previous semester.
- Women's Basketball's Taylor, USA U19 Team advance to Round of 16 at FIBA World CupTaylor finishes with two points, two rebounds and two assists vs. Hungary.
- USTFCCCA honors 10 Track & Field athletes in 2019 All-Academic AwardsTen members of The University of Texas Track & Field programs were recognized by the USTFCCCA for their academic success during the 2018-19 school year.
- Football Mini Plans and Texas Flex Passes on sale July 25Three-game plans start at $150; 10-voucher Texas Flex Plans are $199.