Houston – The Rockets played tight defense in a huge win over a tough Jazz team Wednesday night as the 100 to 93 victory advances the team into the next round of the NBA Playoffs.
A great moral win as well since the Warriors were out hustled and out hooped at home Wednesday against a gritty LA Clippers team who were facing elimination. The longer those two keep battling to see who takes on the awaiting Rockets the more rest Houston will get. The Clippers host the Warriors on Friday in LA for game 6 .
The Rockets will now advance to the Western Conference Semifinals for the third straight season. “These last few games, we hung our hat on defense and that’s what gonna get us to our goal,” said point guard James Harden.
The Rockets’ came up 1 game short in last years goal is to win an NBA championship when Chris Paul injured his hamstring in game 6 of the 2018 Western Conference finals. With a renewed since of pride and goal of getting back to the Finals the Rockets like their chances.
Although Houston is still waiting on its second-round opponent following Los Angeles’ victory in Wednesday’s Game 5, the Rockets will reportedly fly to the Bay Area on Friday in anticipation of a Sunday matchup with the Warriors reported the Houston Chronicle. Clint Capela says he wants to play Warriors in the next round even though Chris Paul
Capela: “That’s what I want. I want to face them.” Speaking about the Warriors. Paul to Capela: “Aw, man. You’re going to be all over Bleacher Report. It’s cool, though. It is what it is.”
Paul to a reporter: “Look at you. You can’t wait to tweet that.”
Capela: “We’ve been working on it all year long. I think if you want to be the champion, you’ve got to beat the champion. So, at some point, you’ve got to do it, right?” Game 1 will be Sunday unless the Clippers win Friday.
The Texas Sports Monthly PODCAST
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- UT Athletics announces 2023 Spring Commencement participantsA total of 111 current and former UT student-athletes are scheduled to participate in commencement exercises this weekend or are projected spring or summer 2023 graduates.
- The Longhorn Foundation launches the United Texas CircleThe United Texas Circle is a philanthropic giving society designed to support Texas Athletics across their greatest areas of need.