Despite much of the headlines on Maryland following the recent death of offensive lineman Jordan McNair. Practice sessions have been shortened to less than two hours, with time for breaks. “The focus of our player’s health and safety is No. 1, and our players are feeling that and understanding that,” Canada said before leading the team onto the field.
Back home here in Austin Texas freshmen Ayodele Adeoye and DeMarvion Overshown will not play against Maryland as both players are diagnosis with respective knee injuries, UT trainers announced Wednesday. Both these injures will slow the linebacker spot for the Horns this week, even though Overshown is listed as defensive back he’s been practicing the LB position.
It is still unclear if these Freshman will perform against Maryland two and a half weeks from today.
104.9 THE HORN FM Commerical
- Soccer single-game tickets on sale August 2Join Texas Soccer for the 2019 home season at Mike A. Myers Stadium.
- Four Longhorns named to preseason watch listsTexas OL Zach Shackelford and Parker Braun were named to the Outland Trophy watch list, while DBs Brandon Jones and Caden Sterns were announced as candidates for the Nagurski Trophy on Tuesday.
- UT places 299 student-athletes on Spring 2019 Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor RollHonor roll recognizes those student-athletes who register a 3.0 or better grade point average for the previous semester.
- Women's Basketball's Taylor, USA U19 Team advance to Round of 16 at FIBA World CupTaylor finishes with two points, two rebounds and two assists vs. Hungary.
- USTFCCCA honors 10 Track & Field athletes in 2019 All-Academic AwardsTen members of The University of Texas Track & Field programs were recognized by the USTFCCCA for their academic success during the 2018-19 school year.
- Football Mini Plans and Texas Flex Passes on sale July 25Three-game plans start at $150; 10-voucher Texas Flex Plans are $199.