The Longhorns will have a chance to play for a Big 12 Championship this season and possibly boast a 9-2 Record overall. At least that is the hope for this Texas Fan. But, the Horns will be better by a few wins this year due to an improved offense and a defense that is young and building a foundation. As Hunter Cooke pointed out the other day on this site, the Big 12 is the weakest conference out of the Power 5 in 2018.
Herman’s young team needs to improve on the offensive side of the ball this year if they are to get to double digit wins and his pair of young QBs will have to settle down sand have some composure in the pocket for this to happen this fall. The Texas class this spring was #3 in the nation and Herman’s quote from national signing day gave hope for the fan base on the 40 acres.
Key Quote: “There’s going to be a lot of competition on the defensive side. On both sides of the ball really. But I think we all can see, whoa, that side of the ball just got real in a hurry,” Herman said of the defensive outlook on National Signing Day. “To sign the three best safeties in the country (Caden Sterns and B.J. Foster), as well as what we think are the two best corners in the country, Jalen Green and D’Shawn Jamison, then the two best defensive tackles in the state in Moro Ojomo and Keondre Coburn, then the best pass-rusher in the state with Joseph Ossai, then Mike Williams and Daniel Carson as well.”
The defense led by Todd Orlando should be the a nice surprise in 2018. Brandon Jones is a big factor since the loss of DeShon Elliot to the NFL. DBU boast seniors Davante Davis, PJ Locke , & Kris Boyd, along with a several freshman defensive backs in Jalen Green, Anthony Cook, and Caden Sterns, along with Turner Symonds & BJ Foster. While we are optimistic this year after Herman’s first season going 7-6 with a bowl win, Horns fans are hungry for more than a mediocre season after some hard years under Charlie Strong. We think that the record will vastly improve this season and the record in 2018 will go up a few wins.
Our prediction is that Herman’s sophomore year will earn a few more wins in 2018 and gain back fans loyalty at Texas. The Horns should improve to a 9-2 record based on conference strength and a better looking offense and a young defense with several players returning.
CAP CITY FIGHT NIGHT
CAP CITY FIGHT NIGHT: UNDERWOOD PROMOTIONS
- Video: Women's Basketball prepares for Indiana in NCAA First RoundThe Longhorns face the Hoosiers at 6 p.m. CT on Friday.
- Women's Swimming and Diving in fifth after second night of NCAA ChampionshipsTwo Longhorns and 200 free relay team earn All-American honors.
- Initial Qualifiers announced for 92nd Clyde Littlefield Texas RelaysMore than 7,000 athletes are headed to Austin and Mike A. Myers Stadium next week.
- Video: Karen Aston press conferenceVideo | Quotes
- Men's Basketball's Hayes, Roach II named to NABC All-District 8 Second TeamFreshman forward and senior guard honored in district that includes the 10 member institutions of the Big 12 Conference.
- T-Association events scheduled for the 92nd Clyde Littlefield Texas RelaysFish Fry, Reunion Dinner and Tailgate Tent all return for 2019.
/ 3 days ago
The cross-town district match-up has postseason indications BY DANIEL JONES On a chilly night...
/ 1 week ago
Andrew Felts, Round Rock Express With Opening Day on the horizon, the Round Rock...