The Baylor Bears are victorious in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament in a 78 to 69 win over the Syracuse Orange-men Thursday night in the west region. Both teams came out shooting lights out beyond the arch in the first half as the Bears uncharacteristically rained a barrage of 3 balls hitting 10/18 in the first half and then 5/11 in the 2nd half.
Both teams ended up with a total of 28 three-pointers made in the game, the most in NCAA history for a non overtime game. Baylor regrouped after losing four straight coming into the first round of the tournament.
Makai Mason # 10 scored 20 points in the match. Ultimately the long ball was the difference and transition play by Baylor that led to easy buckets. Jim Boeheim and the Orange-men were just out hustled by the bears offense.
Baylor will face # 1 seed Gonzaga in the 2nd Round in Utah this Saturday.
APRIL COVER TEXAS SPORTS MONTHLY
104.9 THE HORN FM Commerical
- No. 7 Women’s Tennis falls in Big 12 Championship finalUT drops a hard-fought 4-2 decision at No. 20 Kansas in Sunday's championship match.
- No. 2 Men’s Tennis falls in Big 12 Championship finalThe Longhorns dropped a hard-fought 4-1 decision to Baylor.
- Track & Field sets 35 personal bests at four road meets throughout weekRoad trips highlighted by Alex Rogers dropping a new school record in the 5000m.
- Track & Field completes last day of weekend road tripsLonghorns post two event wins at Mt. SAC Relays
- Baseball loses wild finale at Oklahoma StateLonghorns and Cowboys combined for 21 runs on 25 hits.
- No. 11 Softball falls in series finale to No. 1 Oklahoma, 9-2Sophomore catcher Mary Iakopo went 2-for-3 to raise her series average against the Sooners to .800 (8-10).
/ 7 days ago
Lil’Jordan Humphrey wasn’t exactly expected to become a generational talent at Texas, though that’s...
/ 2 weeks ago
At some point in life, you’ve likely heard the encouraging phrase, “Hard work pays...