The Baylor Bears are victorious in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament in a 78 to 69 win over the Syracuse Orange-men Thursday night in the west region. Both teams came out shooting lights out beyond the arch in the first half as the Bears uncharacteristically rained a barrage of 3 balls hitting 10/18 in the first half and then 5/11 in the 2nd half.
Both teams ended up with a total of 28 three-pointers made in the game, the most in NCAA history for a non overtime game. Baylor regrouped after losing four straight coming into the first round of the tournament.
Makai Mason # 10 scored 20 points in the match. Ultimately the long ball was the difference and transition play by Baylor that led to easy buckets. Jim Boeheim and the Orange-men were just out hustled by the bears offense.
Baylor will face # 1 seed Gonzaga in the 2nd Round in Utah this Saturday.
104.9 THE HORN FM Commerical
- Soccer single-game tickets on sale August 2Join Texas Soccer for the 2019 home season at Mike A. Myers Stadium.
- Four Longhorns named to preseason watch listsTexas OL Zach Shackelford and Parker Braun were named to the Outland Trophy watch list, while DBs Brandon Jones and Caden Sterns were announced as candidates for the Nagurski Trophy on Tuesday.
- UT places 299 student-athletes on Spring 2019 Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor RollHonor roll recognizes those student-athletes who register a 3.0 or better grade point average for the previous semester.
- Women's Basketball's Taylor, USA U19 Team advance to Round of 16 at FIBA World CupTaylor finishes with two points, two rebounds and two assists vs. Hungary.
- USTFCCCA honors 10 Track & Field athletes in 2019 All-Academic AwardsTen members of The University of Texas Track & Field programs were recognized by the USTFCCCA for their academic success during the 2018-19 school year.
- Football Mini Plans and Texas Flex Passes on sale July 25Three-game plans start at $150; 10-voucher Texas Flex Plans are $199.