The Baylor Bears are victorious in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament in a 78 to 69 win over the Syracuse Orange-men Thursday night in the west region. Both teams came out shooting lights out beyond the arch in the first half as the Bears uncharacteristically rained a barrage of 3 balls hitting 10/18 in the first half and then 5/11 in the 2nd half.
Both teams ended up with a total of 28 three-pointers made in the game, the most in NCAA history for a non overtime game. Baylor regrouped after losing four straight coming into the first round of the tournament.
Makai Mason # 10 scored 20 points in the match. Ultimately the long ball was the difference and transition play by Baylor that led to easy buckets. Jim Boeheim and the Orange-men were just out hustled by the bears offense.
Baylor will face # 1 seed Gonzaga in the 2nd Round in Utah this Saturday.
RADIO SPOT – HORN FMhttps://secureservercdn.net/22.214.171.124/03l.b7f.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/TEXAS-SPORTS-MONTHLY_HORN-SPOT.mp3?time=1582227765
- No. 5 Men’s Tennis sweeps doubleheader with 4-3 win over UTSAThe Longhorns won both home matches on Sunday to move to 9-2 this season.
- Baseball completes sweep on Williams’ walk-off homerCam Williams hit a 10th-inning walk-off home run to secure the series sweep of Boise State.
- No. 4 Softball finishes Texas Invite with a 9-4 win over Weber StateJunior third baseman Mary Iakopo went 3-for-4 with a double, HR and a career-high five RBIs.
- Women's Golf ranked at No. 1 in latest WGCA Coaches PollThe Longhorns are currently No. 1 in all three rankings.
- No. 3 Women’s Tennis edged by No. 12 Stanford, 4-3Bianca Turati, Anna Turati and Fernanda Labraña all post straight-set singles wins against ranked opponents.
- Men's Basketball earns 70-59 win at K-StateCourtney Ramey posts a career-high 26 points and a career-best 5 steals in the victory.