LUBBOCK, Texas — The Texas Longhorns have been on a tear giving a spark in recent weeks as the end of the regular season play nears. Shaka Smart’s young team is seeking a push for redemption and a NCAA Tournament bid. Tech has been a very stingy 13-2 at home coming into Saturday’s game against Texas. However, the Horns stayed the course out rebounding and out shooting the Red Raiders late in the 2nd half of Saturdays contest pulling away with a huge 68-58 win against No. 22 Texas Tech.
The Horns will have a chance at a third straight victory Tuesday night against Oklahoma. The Longhorns upset No. 20 West Virginia last Monday in Austin and have been playing injured and with sick players as of late, but have shown a lot of heart.
Texas is on the outside looking in as the season comes to a close in hopes for a bid in the NCAA Tournament in 2020. Missing out last year still bore the fruit of a NIT Title for the Shaka Smart lead team that has been largely viewed by most critics as mediocre at best.
Currently they are (18-11, 8-8 in Big 12). Texas will travel to Norman tomorrow night to face the Sooners and then will play their final game of the season at home against OSU. Game Airs on TV/ ESPN2 & Radio: Longhorn Radio Network, Sirius XM 385.
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- Seven Longhorns named 2021 Dr. Gerald Lage Academic Achievement Award recipientsAriola, Cooper, Hepa, Krueger, Nevins, Strouphauer and Sullivan earn Big 12 Conference's highest academic honor.
- Plonsky joins United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee in announcing phase one concepts of USOPC College Sports Sustainability Think TankAs a member of the USOPC College Sports Sustainability Think Tank, Texas Athletics Chief of Staff Chris Plonsky joined the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee to announce its phase one priorities, which includes three concepts focused on sport sustainability, sport structure and vertical partnerships. The concepts were generated through three working groups, which convened […]