AUSTIN, Texas — The University of Texas Men’s Basketball team will host Colorado in the quarterfinals of the National Invitation Tournament (NIT). The Longhorns and Buffaloes will play on Wednesday, March 27 at 8 p.m. Central at the Frank Erwin Center, and the game will be televised nationally by ESPN2.
The Longhorns (18-16) are the No. 2 seed in one of the four 8-team brackets, while Colorado (23-12) is the No. 4 seed. In NIT Second-Round action, Texas defeated Xavier (78-76 OT) on Sunday, while the Buffaloes topped Norfolk State (76-60) on Monday evening.
The winner of Wednesday’s Texas-Colorado contest will advance to the NIT semifinals, scheduled for Tuesday, April 2. The NIT semifinals and championship will be played at historic Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The Longhorns are 8-3 all-time in their five appearances in the NIT. Texas captured the 1978 NIT Championship.
FRIDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN PROMO
- What it means to be a Longhorn: Andre RobertsonRead the ninth in a 14-part series on the Hall of Honor class of 2019.
- No. 4 Volleyball tops LSU in scrimmageThe Longhorns wrap up their preseason with a 3-0 win over LSU.
- Men’s Golf earns preseason No. 1Men's Golf earns the preseason No. 1 ranking in the opening Bushnell Golfweek Coaches Poll
- What it means to be a Longhorn: Denise LaKeisha BackusRead the eighth in a 14-part series on the Hall of Honor class of 2019.
- No. 19 Soccer outlasts Gonzaga in season-opening thriller, 4-3Texas junior keeper Savannah Madden saved a penalty kick with five seconds left to seal the victory.
- Football season tickets selling fast; single-game tickets on sale Aug. 26Limited number of season tickets remain!