AUSTIN, Texas — The University of Texas Men’s Basketball team will host Colorado in the quarterfinals of the National Invitation Tournament (NIT). The Longhorns and Buffaloes will play on Wednesday, March 27 at 8 p.m. Central at the Frank Erwin Center, and the game will be televised nationally by ESPN2.
The Longhorns (18-16) are the No. 2 seed in one of the four 8-team brackets, while Colorado (23-12) is the No. 4 seed. In NIT Second-Round action, Texas defeated Xavier (78-76 OT) on Sunday, while the Buffaloes topped Norfolk State (76-60) on Monday evening.
The winner of Wednesday’s Texas-Colorado contest will advance to the NIT semifinals, scheduled for Tuesday, April 2. The NIT semifinals and championship will be played at historic Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The Longhorns are 8-3 all-time in their five appearances in the NIT. Texas captured the 1978 NIT Championship.
104.9 THE HORN FM Commerical
- Hammer named to All-Nicklaus TeamCole Hammer named to All-Nicklaus Team.
- Baseball to play in 2020 Shriners Hospitals for Children College ClassicAUSTIN, Texas – Texas Baseball will play in the 2020 Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic at Minute Maid Park from Feb. 28-March 1, the Houston Astros announced Monday.
- Berque appears on KXAN's More Than the ScoreHead coach Bruce Berque recently visited in-studio with Roger Wallace at KXAN.
- Women's Basketball signs Esmery MartinezEsmery Martinez is a 6-foot-2 forward from the Dominican Republic.
- Winners Never Quit, and Quitters Never Win (49ers.com)How former Longhorn Richard Hightower defied all odds on his way to becoming the 49ers special teams coordinator.
- Video: Women's Basketball summer workoutsThe Longhorns are busy preparing for the upcoming 2019-20 season.