AUSTIN, Texas — The University of Texas Men’s Basketball team will host Colorado in the quarterfinals of the National Invitation Tournament (NIT). The Longhorns and Buffaloes will play on Wednesday, March 27 at 8 p.m. Central at the Frank Erwin Center, and the game will be televised nationally by ESPN2.
The Longhorns (18-16) are the No. 2 seed in one of the four 8-team brackets, while Colorado (23-12) is the No. 4 seed. In NIT Second-Round action, Texas defeated Xavier (78-76 OT) on Sunday, while the Buffaloes topped Norfolk State (76-60) on Monday evening.
The winner of Wednesday’s Texas-Colorado contest will advance to the NIT semifinals, scheduled for Tuesday, April 2. The NIT semifinals and championship will be played at historic Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The Longhorns are 8-3 all-time in their five appearances in the NIT. Texas captured the 1978 NIT Championship.
FRIDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN WEEK 11
- Cross Country climbs in national rankingsThe men are ranked No. 27, while the women jumped to No. 29 this week.
- Video: Tom Herman press conferenceFootball head coach met with local media to preview Saturday's game at Baylor.
- Butler, Fields garner Big 12 weekly honorsBrionne Butler was named Defensive Player of the Week, and Skylar Fields was named Rookie of the Week.
- SOLD OUT: No. 1 Volleyball vs. Kansas200 seats remain for student Big Ticket purchasers.
- Men's Basketball enters Top 25 rankings of both major national pollsLonghorns appear at No. 22 in AP Top 25 and USA TODAY Sports Coaches poll.
- Video: Jerritt Elliott press conferenceHead Coach Jerritt Elliott addresses the media on Monday, Nov. 18