FOOTBALL IS BACK! After a great year for the Texas Longhorns and a deep run in the State High School Playoffs for several local teams in central Texas, we dig right in to the ACTION! Dallas Cowboys and Texans revamp for playoff runs this season. Listen to our new RADIO SHOW on 104.9 THE HORN FM as THE FRIDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN RETURNS 6:30-7:15pm every Friday Night. Take a look at our preview edition and reserve your ad space this season!
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- Texas and Texas A&M revive Lone Star Showdown Rivalry for 2020 College Colors Day competitionUniversities join forces with Wells Fargo to help local Feeding America member food banks.
- Texas Athletics safety measures and education in place for student-athlete protectionWith Longhorn Football, Soccer and Volleyball training camps kicking off this week, helping student-athletes stay healthy and manage the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be top priority.