Lampasas senior wide receiver Jaylon Porter has had a remarkable year, as he goes into this Friday with 61 catches for a team-high 1,246 yards and 18 touchdowns.
One of those receptions has even earned him a prime time shout-out from a Hall of Famer.
Porter was the No. 1 highlight on this week’s “You Got Mossed” segment that aired before the Monday Night Football matchup between the Eagles and Giants on ESPN. Named after all-time great wide receiver Randy Moss, it features some of the best individual grabs made by wide receivers in all levels of football across the country.
Porter’s catch came in the back of the end zone on a fade pattern in which he leaped over the shoulders of Liberty Hill defender Matt Montes, secured the ball and turned away to avoid having the pigskin pried from his grasp — all in mid-air.
Porter’s TD reception was one of three he secured in the game, which his Badgers won 49-34. Lampasas now advances to face Carthage in the Class 4A Division I state semifinals.Moss, who was enshrined in Canton in 2018, gave an emphatic play-by-play of the acrobatic TD alongside Monday Night Countdown colleagues Suzy Kolber, Steve Young, Louis Riddick and Adam Schefter. The video has since gone viral around the Lone Star State.
The Texas Sports Monthly PODCAST
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- UT Athletics announces 2023 Spring Commencement participantsA total of 111 current and former UT student-athletes are scheduled to participate in commencement exercises this weekend or are projected spring or summer 2023 graduates.
- The Longhorn Foundation launches the United Texas CircleThe United Texas Circle is a philanthropic giving society designed to support Texas Athletics across their greatest areas of need.