Texas held off the Red Raiders in a nail-biter last Saturday night in Lubbock getting the win 41-34 over Texas Tech improving to 7-3 on the season.
The win came from some improved plays on the offensive side of the ball for Texas with the sophomore quarterback Sam Ehlinger hooking up with Humphrey once more for the go-ahead touchdown. The two hooked up earlier in the game when Humphrey hauled in his fifth catch for a 9-yard touchdown. That gave Texas the lead, 10-7 with 3:46. Texas played loose at times but this game basically came down to whoever had the ball last before the clock read zeros.
Ehlinger has thrown 274 consecutive passes without a pick setting a Big 12 conference record.
SERIES HISTORY: Texas leads the all-time series, 50-17. The Red Raiders won a decisive 27-23 victory over the Longhorns in Austin in November of 2017. Neither team has won on its home field since the Longhorns defeated the Red Raiders 41-16 in Austin in 2013.
The Longhorns have had several close games this season and now prepare for a statistically tough defense in the Big 12 with Iowa State coming to Austin this weekend.
No. 14 Texas (7-3, 5-2 Big 12) vs. No.18 Iowa State (6-3, 5-2 Big 12)
November 17, 2018
Where: Austin, Texas
Stadium: Darrell K Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
Time: 7 p.m. CT
TV: Longhorn Network
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- Zach Bryan to headline Longhorn City Limits on Sept. 25Austin, Texas – Singer-songwriter Zach Bryan will headline Longhorn City Limits as part of the Texas Football versus Texas Tech gameday experience on September 25. LCL, the acclaimed gameday concert series, returns for its third year on the LBJ Lawn, located on the northeast corner of DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, with FREE pregame and postgame activities. All concerts are […]
- Protect Texas Together COVID-19 updatesFootball Fan Services and COVID-19 recommendations.