Michigan Wolverine wide receiver Tarik Black stated this week on his Instagram that he is transferring to Texas for the fall. The former Wolverine made the decision to move on from Ann Arbor following a three-year career as a Wolverine.
A former four-star recruit out of Ceshire (CT) Cheshire Academy, Black was a part of Jim Harbaugh’s 2017 class at Michigan. The former U.S. Army All-American chose Michigan over offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Miami, Mississippi State and several others. The wide receiver room in Austin was stacked over the last few years, but departures from Lil’Jordan Humphrey and 2020 draftees Collin Johnson and Devin Duvernay left Texas young at the position.
Texas typically used big-bodied wide receivers like Black at the “X” position where their size provides a chain moving target for the quarterback on the outside. Collin Johnson served in that role for years in this offense, and Brennan Eagles has spent some time lined up there as well. It’s unclear how Texas offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich plans to use Black moving forward, but his presence as a veteran wide receiver should help to elevate a talented but young wide receiver room.
Reported by Horns247.com
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- Zach Bryan to headline Longhorn City Limits on Sept. 25Austin, Texas – Singer-songwriter Zach Bryan will headline Longhorn City Limits as part of the Texas Football versus Texas Tech gameday experience on September 25. LCL, the acclaimed gameday concert series, returns for its third year on the LBJ Lawn, located on the northeast corner of DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, with FREE pregame and postgame activities. All concerts are […]
- Protect Texas Together COVID-19 updatesFootball Fan Services and COVID-19 recommendations.