The Texas Sports Monthly radio show The Friday Night Countdown will not only be moving to 104.9 The Horn FM this fall , but will also be launching its sister program the day before in The Thursday Night Countdown as well.
After 17 weeks on AM1300 The Zone in the 2018 season, FNC will move to The Horn studios beginning this August 30th as the official Pre-Game show launch for the 2019 Football season. The Thursdays show to air the day before on Thursday August 29th. With all the High School football, College, and NFL in recent decades, Thursdays have been kicking off our football weekends the last few years. Adding this additional night to local programming strengthens the coverage of what is rapidly becoming an even more recognizable brand; Central Texas High School Football.
With coaches interviews, player profiles, game highlights and analysis Texas Sports Monthly’s radio brands add great value to the Student Athlete coverage that Horn FM already offers. The official Flagship for the Longhorns also carries Lake Travis Broadcast, Vandegrift, & Bowie games.
Wednesdays the last two years has featured our friend Rick Epstein of iHSFAN short for – I am a High School Fan -show “Under The Lights”. Epstein will return for his 3rd year of UTL at 8pm on the Horn, but is also adding 7 more schools to his coverage through the HORN FM APP. These schools games can also be heard through the app or website beginning this fall: Austin High, Hays, Cedar Ridge, Leander Glenn, Westwood, Anderson, & Round Rock!
With all this local programming sports fans of Austin will get a heavy dose of all things Football with the new lineup on 104.9 The Horn. Texas Sports Monthly is currently offering sponsorships of its radio programs and magazine for the upcoming 2019 football season. If you or your business is interested in working with us please contact our staff for more information on packages available.
104.9 THE HORN FM Commerical
- USTFCCCA honors 10 Track & Field athletes in 2019 All-Academic AwardsTen members of The University of Texas Track & Field programs were recognized by the USTFCCCA for their academic success during the 2018-19 school year.
- Football Mini Plans and Texas Flex Passes on sale July 25Three-game plans start at $150; 10-voucher Texas Flex Plans are $199.
- Sterns named to Thorpe Award watch listTexas sophomore S Caden Sterns is on the watch list for the Paycom Jim Thorpe Award, which honors the top defensive back in college football.
- Women's Basketball's Taylor, USA move to 2-0 at FIBA U19 World CupTaylor's line included five points, two rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- Women's Tennis' Labraña wins ITF 15k Lima doubles championshipRising junior earns her first career professional (ITF) title.
- Shackelford named to Rimington Trophy watch listTexas senior OL Zach Shackelford was recognized as a preseason candidate for the award honoring the nation's top center.