The Texas Sports Monthly radio show The Friday Night Countdown will not only be moving to 104.9 The Horn FM this fall , but will also be launching its sister program the day before in The Thursday Night Countdown as well.
After 17 weeks on AM1300 The Zone in the 2018 season, FNC will move to The Horn studios beginning this August 30th as the official Pre-Game show launch for the 2019 Football season. The Thursdays show to air the day before on Thursday August 29th. With all the High School football, College, and NFL in recent decades, Thursdays have been kicking off our football weekends the last few years. Adding this additional night to local programming strengthens the coverage of what is rapidly becoming an even more recognizable brand; Central Texas High School Football.
With coaches interviews, player profiles, game highlights and analysis Texas Sports Monthly’s radio brands add great value to the Student Athlete coverage that Horn FM already offers. The official Flagship for the Longhorns also carries Lake Travis Broadcast, Vandegrift, & Bowie games.
Wednesdays the last two years has featured our friend Rick Epstein of iHSFAN short for – I am a High School Fan -show “Under The Lights”. Epstein will return for his 3rd year of UTL at 8pm on the Horn, but is also adding 7 more schools to his coverage through the HORN FM APP. These schools games can also be heard through the app or website beginning this fall: Austin High, Hays, Cedar Ridge, Leander Glenn, Westwood, Anderson, & Round Rock!
With all this local programming sports fans of Austin will get a heavy dose of all things Football with the new lineup on 104.9 The Horn. Texas Sports Monthly is currently offering sponsorships of its radio programs and magazine for the upcoming 2019 football season. If you or your business is interested in working with us please contact our staff for more information on packages available.
FRIDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN WEEK 11
- No. 2 Volleyball set to host Austin Regional Dec. 13-14Texas will play Louisville, hosts Minnesota, Florida on Friday, Dec. 13
- No. 5 Women’s Swimming & Diving finishes third at Minnesota InviteA second-place finish in the 400 Free Relay wraps up 2019 Minnesota Invite.
- No. 1 Men’s Swimming & Diving claims Minnesota Invite titleOn the final day of the 2019 Minnesota Invite, five hit A Cut times.
- Indoor Track and Field opens season at FasTrak Collegiate OpenerThe Longhorns won nine events and set nine PRs on Saturday in Houston.
- UT Athletics announces 2019 Fall Commencement participantsA total of 36 current and former UT student-athletes are scheduled to participate in commencement exercises on Saturday or are projected fall 2019 graduates.
- No. 2 Volleyball moves on to the NCAA Regional SemifinalThe Texas Longhorns come from behind to take down UCSB, 3-2