The Cedar Park Timberwolves beat the Georgetown Eagles 27-24 at home Friday. Coming off the previous week’s tough 38-14 loss to undefeated Hutto High School, Georgetown’s record comes to 3-3 – and 0-2 in district play. The team has now lost its last three games. Cedar Park’s record comes to 5-2, 3-0 in the district. The Timberwolves next Friday play the undefeated Hutto Hippos.
Cedar Park head coach Carl Abseck spoke after the game. “They’re a good football team,” he said about Georgetown. “ … So we knew it was going to be a good game, and we had to play our tails off. We’re a pretty good team, too, so I was proud of our kids and how they played and performed when it was crunch time.”
Cedar Park’s offense dominated early on, the team scoring a touchdown and a field goal in the first quarter; then the team went into halftime with 17-10 lead.
But the Eagles broke out early in the third quarter with a 67-yard run by quarterback Jackson Sioson, who managed to score after escaping a series of tackles.
With the game tied at 17 going into the fourth quarter, Cedar Park took the lead with a field goal, bringing the score to 20-17.
And though Cedar Park scored one more touchdown in the fourth quarter, missing the extra point, it was Georgetown who added some drama to the night by scoring one more touchdown with minutes left in the game – bringing the score to 27-24. But Cedar Park quarterback Ryder Hernandez then kneeled the ball to kill the clock, sealing the team’s victory of Georgetown.
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- Big Boi to headline Longhorn City Limits presented by Still Austin Whiskey Co. on September 16AUSTIN, TEXAS – Seven-time GRAMMY award winner Big Boi, one-half of OutKast, will headline Longhorn City Limits presented by Still Austin Whiskey Co. on Saturday, Sept. 16. The FREE gameday concert, located on the LBJ Lawn, will open at 3 p.m. with live music prior to the Texas Football vs. Wyoming game at 7 p.m.
- Video: Bill Little tribute on LHN's "Texas GameDay"Texas GameDay paid tribute to Texas Hall of Honor member Bill Little.