AUSTIN SPURS TO HOST ‘FRIENDSGIVING’ GAME NOVEMBER 18
Fans Are Asked to Bring a Canned Food Item to Exchange for a Free Ticket
AUSTIN (Nov. 12, 2018) – The Austin Spurs, presented by SWBC, will host their first ‘Friendsgiving’ game on Sunday, Nov. 18. Tipoff vs. the Oklahoma City Blue at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park is set for 4 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to bring a non-perishable canned food item that can be exchanged for one ticket for that night’s game. Fans can redeem one ticket each. All food items will be donated to the Central Texas Food Bank.
To purchase tickets or find more information regarding the Friendsgiving game, call the Austin Spurs office at (512) 236-8333 or go to austinspurs.com.
About Central Texas Food Bank:
Central Texas Food Bank works with food donors across the country, financial supporters and volunteers to fill unmet needs in Central Texas. This commitment from private, government and charitable partners has allowed them to bring 45 million meals to their community last year and into the hands of families and local nonprofits that turn to them for help. There are three key ways they do this:
- They share free food and knowledge on low-cost, healthy eating with families in need.
2. They assist families who qualify for federal assistance programs.
3. They make food affordable for charitable and government partners. The quality food and food resources they provide means that they can spend their limited resources to enhance their programs.
They are a registered 501(c)(3), which means that they are not a religious, political or advocacy organization. A leader in the fight against hunger for nearly 35 years, their mission is to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger.
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- Video: Longhorn Greatday with Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin AreaTexas student-athletes spent a day with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Austin.
- Texas Lottery Veteran Recognition: Stan M. BrooksStan M. Brooks has served his country and greater global community as both a protector of freedom and shepherd of opportunity and achievement. First, Brooks joined the U.S. Army Air Forces and was assigned as a crew member whose unit operated low-flying attack bombers during the Mediterranean combat campaign of World War II. Then, following […]