TSM: Coach you have Rouse coming up this week before district play begins.
What are you looking forward to most this season with this group of kids?
Coach Aultman: I’m looking forward to watching them grow throughout the season and show people they belong.
What does it mean to you personally to be coaching High School Football in Texas?
My family moved here in 2008 for Texas HS football. My wife and I asked ourselves where the best football in America was and we both said “Texas”. It means the world to me personally and professionally to be a part of the greatest coaching fraternity in the country. We have the best kids, coaches, and communities supporting what we do every day. It’s not a job, but a way of life for my family, and we love it.
What are some of the challenges as a new school your team will face this season?
Opening varsity play with only a junior class will certainly have its challenges due to the physical nature of our sport. As a young program without senior leadership it also forces you to be a coach driven program early on, so it will be interesting to watch the leadership from a player perspective take shape.
Weiss is the 4th High School in a growing area of Pflugerville. District alignment in 2020 will be very interesting to see moving ahead in the years to come, how will your schedule differ then from these first 2 seasons?
Pflugerville’s growth has been off the charts since I arrived in 2008 and shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. That fact will make 2020 realignment in regards to the cutoff numbers. If we move to 5A DI our schedule will bring Pflugerville and Connally into the picture, as well as the likes of Cedar Park, Georgetown, and Hutto. If that’s the case we would need to evaluate the toughness of our non-district schedule in order to get ready for a very difficult district slate.
Tommy, you spent some time at Hendrickson and Connolly before, what has coaching in the area taught you moving into this position with the Wolves?
Every community is different and Pflugerville is no exception. I felt my greatest asset in accepting the position at Weiss was that I had a solid foundation of understanding our community. I genuinely took the time to listen to those around me during my time as an assistant at both Connolly and Hendrickson to build the foundation of understanding and trust. Being here for 11 years now also allows you to see areas you can grow in within a football program and overall athletic department. People say we’re doing things different at Weiss. My interpretation of that is we’re taking risks and trying things that people said couldn’t be done and our community has responded with full support to our vision.
What are you most proud about this first season in this team?
I love the effort our kids bring to the program. They take coaching and play the game with the attitude the game demands from a player. We have the pieces in place and they understand the process of climbing the ladder of success.
Thanks coach for your time and good luck this season.
Coach Aultman: We appreciate what you guys do for Texas sports and are proud to be represented within your
- 2019 Season - Week 12Area Round of the 2019 Central Texas High School Playoffs as the tournaments continue. Lake Travis has a rematch against San Antonio Madison at Rattlers Stadium in San Marcos. Westlake would go on the Win the State Championship while Cavs would defeat Judson again in 3rd round at the Alamodome but would fall the following […]
- 2019 Season - Week 11Steve and Russell breakdown the 2019 High School Playoffs in Central Texas on 104.9 Horn FM. Bi-District week where districts collide in this first round. McCallum and Westwood battled out....Giddings defeated Houston Kashmir 50-0. Georgetown at LBJ, Lake Travis at Smithson Valley, Vandegrift hosts Bridgeland at home led by Jax Mccauley in a close comeback […]
- 2019 Season - Week 10Russell & Steve cover week 11 on our 10th show as teams get near the playoffs and districts begin to line up as teams edge each other out for the final playoff spots. Russell became a grandpa the night before this show. . . Vista Ridge beat Round Rock 41-38.
- 2019 Season - Week 9Week 9 of The Friday Night Countdown on 104.9 Horn FM is your Pre-Game for Central Texas High School Football for 2019 Season! Thursday Night games we rained out and delayed. Weiss winning 14-7 over Eastview.
- Video: Longhorn Greatday with Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin AreaTexas student-athletes spent a day with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Austin.
- Texas Lottery Veteran Recognition: Stan M. BrooksStan M. Brooks has served his country and greater global community as both a protector of freedom and shepherd of opportunity and achievement. First, Brooks joined the U.S. Army Air Forces and was assigned as a crew member whose unit operated low-flying attack bombers during the Mediterranean combat campaign of World War II. Then, following […]