CEDAR PARK, Texas – The Texas Stars, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL’s Dallas Stars, announced Tuesday that the club has signed right wing Brad McClure for the upcoming 2019-2020. McClure began the 2018-19 season with the team’s ECHL affiliate, the Idaho Steelheads, before logging 30 games with Texas.
McClure, 25, earned his first career promotion to the AHL on Jan. 7, 2019 and made his AHL debut five days later against the Iowa Wild. Following his AHL debut, McClure skated in 30 of the 29 of the Stars final 27 games and collected 11 points (9-2=11) in that stretch. Of his nine goals, three were game winning tallies which included his first AHL goal on Feb. 19 against the Iowa Wild in overtime. The 5-foot-11, 191 pound winger recorded his first career hat trick on Mar. 30, netting all three goals in the third period.
Before earning his full time call to the Texas Stars lineup, McClure was one of the leading scorers of the Steelheads. The Stratford, Ontario native produced 39 points (19-20=39) across 42 ECHL games ending the year third on the roster in goals. McClure went on to rejoin the Steelheads in the Kelly Cup Playoffs, helping them advance to the Mountain Division final with five points (3-2=5) in nine games.
McClure Is one year removed from a his collegiate career at Minnesota State University-Mankato. The former Mavericks captain logged 159 career games at his alma mater from 2014 to 2018 and tallied 91 points (45-46=91).
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL’s Dallas Stars, return for the 2019-2020 season at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park. Ticket packages for the Texas Stars 2019-20 campaign are on sale now. For more information or to renew your seats, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
104.9 THE HORN FM Commerical
- USTFCCCA honors 10 Track & Field athletes in 2019 All-Academic AwardsTen members of The University of Texas Track & Field programs were recognized by the USTFCCCA for their academic success during the 2018-19 school year.
- Football Mini Plans and Texas Flex Passes on sale July 25Three-game plans start at $150; 10-voucher Texas Flex Plans are $199.
- Sterns named to Thorpe Award watch listTexas sophomore S Caden Sterns is on the watch list for the Paycom Jim Thorpe Award, which honors the top defensive back in college football.
- Women's Basketball's Taylor, USA move to 2-0 at FIBA U19 World CupTaylor's line included five points, two rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- Women's Tennis' Labraña wins ITF 15k Lima doubles championshipRising junior earns her first career professional (ITF) title.
- Shackelford named to Rimington Trophy watch listTexas senior OL Zach Shackelford was recognized as a preseason candidate for the award honoring the nation's top center.