The Pflugerville Panthers and the Bowie Bulldogs took it to the grid iron Friday night as the Bulldogs won handily 45-13 at Pfield. In a combined effort Trinidad Sanders accounted for four touchdowns; three through the air and one on the ground for Bowie. Bowie’s running back Kyle Carter contributed two long rushing touchdowns.
The game started off on a slow start as both teams went three and out on the game’s first three series. Once Bowie settled into their offense Sanders found Jackson Lord for the first score of the game. Their defense forced another punt for the Panthers and started again with great field position. Sanders continued where he left with another forty yarder to Jayden York and used his legs to extend the Bowie Bulldogs to a 21-0 lead in the second quarter.
The Panthers finally past the fifty in the second quarter with the help of senior running back Ik Evbayiro and freshman running back Elijah Oakmon. Oakmon helped the Panthers with a 43 yard reception right before he went into the endzone falling on the one yard line. He would then make up for it getting in the endzone to score their first points of the game.
Sanders would then lead the offense swiftly into Panthers territory running for thirty three yards. He shared the wealth handing it off to Kyle Carter on the eleven yard line to improve their lead 28-7.
Panthers attempted to make an effort to keep up but Bowie’s Terrance Durst intercepted the ball at the forty one yard line. Again Sanders easily led the Bulldogs to a 35-7 lead right before halftime.
The third quarter was underway as Bowie continued their control of the game. Jackson Lord took a thirty one yard reception and Kyle Carter used his legs to run through the Panther’s defense to score his second rushing touchdown of the game.
The Panther’s defense wasn’t prepared for the high powered Bulldog’s offense giving up multiple big plays throughout the game. The game slowed down and by the end of the third quarter Bowie rewarded their starters by keeping them out the rest of the game once the fourth quarter began.
Bowie will look to keep it going against the Madison Mavericks while Pflugerville will look to get their first win against the Leander Lions.
APRIL COVER TEXAS SPORTS MONTHLY
104.9 THE HORN FM Commerical
- Video: Women's Golf Tower lightingThe Texas women's golf team celebrated its 2019 Big 12 Championship.
- No. 2 Men’s Tennis places four selections on Big 12 All-Tournament TeamThe group includes junior Christian Sigsgaard and seniors Harrison Scott and Rodrigo Banzer in singles, along with Sigsgaard and Scott in doubles.
- Women's Tennis' Anna Turati, Granic earn spots on Big 12 All-Tournament TeamTurati selected at No. 2 singles, while Granic earns honor at No. 3 singles.
- Video: Andrew Jones' fight for his life (ESPN.com)Men's Basketball guard Andrew Jones opens up about his battle with leukemia and journey back to the court with Holly Rowe.
- Video: Colt McCoy and Sam Ehlinger conversation (ESPN.com)The two sat down with each other for Longhorn Network and shared their experiences of being the Texas quarterback.
- No. 7 Women’s Tennis falls in Big 12 Championship finalUT drops a hard-fought 4-2 decision at No. 20 Kansas in Sunday's championship match.
/ 1 week ago
Lil’Jordan Humphrey wasn’t exactly expected to become a generational talent at Texas, though that’s...
/ 2 weeks ago
At some point in life, you’ve likely heard the encouraging phrase, “Hard work pays...