Texas Sports Monthly is predicting that it will be week 6 of the 2018 NFL Season before Austin Texas’ very own Westlake Chaparral Drew Brees will be the NFL’s All-Time Passing leader. Brees will pass Hall of Fame QB Brett Farve the week before in Week 5 likely. Brees was 37-of 45 in week one this season putting up 439 yards and 3 TD’s in the loss against Tampa Bay.
Given the age of the competition, it is unlikely that anyone in Drew’s generation will catch up to the future Hall of Fame QB in passing yards.
We believe that Drew will ultimately be on top for many years to come with NFL passing. Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers are currently at 8th and 9th on the list while Eli Manning is amazingly only 5 short from his older brother Peyton. While Manning may be on top for the next few weeks, Drew will reclaim the passing title this October. Yet Tom Brady, who is older than Brees, is closing in on #9’s numbers. The biggest challenge for the GOAT (if he is indeed the greatest of all time), is can Tom Brady continue to play and stay on the field longer than Drew Brees?
Only time will tell and it is likely that Brady will be 2nd to the one time Westlake Chap of west Austin Texas. TSM believes that while some believe Brady may be one of the greatest QB to every play the game on Sundays, # 9 will edge out the GOAT as the # 1 all time passing leader in NFL History.
COVER DECEMBER 2018
Player Of The Week – Taylor Anderson
- Video: Tuesday Coordinator media availabilityTodd Orlando and Tim Beck met with the media on Tuesday night ahead of Friday's game.
- Longhorns in the NFL: Week 12Colt McCoy was thrust into a starting role and will play the Cowboys on Thursday afternoon.
- Quotes: Football Tuesday media availabilityThe Longhorns prepare for Friday's game at Kansas and met with the media on Tuesday.
- Video: Tom Herman press conferenceTom Herman held his weekly press conference Monday before UT travels to face Kansas Friday.
- Hayes named Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball co-Newcomer of the WeekFreshman forward averaged 11.5 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game in pair of wins.
- Video: Shaka Smart media availabilityMen's Basketball head coach met with the local media Monday morning to preview the team's upcoming appearance at the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational.
/ 2 weeks ago
Bastrop had too much on the line to fold following a disastrous start. After...