In what would ultimately be the highest total scoring game in the history of the Red River Showdown, the game lived up to its name in historic fashion. Dicker the Kicker of Austin Lake Travis nailed a 40-yard go-ahead field goal with seconds left in the game Saturday a the Cotton Bowl.
No. 19 Longhorns get a huge victory for Tom Herman’s young team with a 48-45 win on Saturday over No. 7 Oklahoma after a heart racing 4th quarter push by the Sooners late at the Red River Showdown. The Longhorns had a lead 45-24 into the fourth quarter but offensively looked rattled through a series of conservative calls. For a the top half of the 4th quarter it looked like Texas was self destructing. However, Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger, looked good all day, put a final game winning drive with about 2:38 left to get the Horns into field goal range. Texas has won five straight on the season and the first over Oklahoma since 2015.
Is Texas Back in the race for a Big 12 Title?
The season is a third of the way into its games and the Horns are looking good at this point with big wins this season over top ranked USC, TCU and now Oklahoma.
Herman has a history for being an underdog. He’s now 10-4 overall and 13-1 versus the spread in similar games. Texas will likely be the favorite for its remaining match ups .
The Horns will host Baylor at DKR next week on Oct 13th where they are so far undefeated at home in 2018.
COVER FEBRUARY 2019
Final Show # 16 Thurs Dec 20th Championship Week.
- Forty Acres Insider: Jan. 22Important news, interesting tidbits and exciting stories happening in and around Texas Athletics compiled by Vice President and Athletics Director Chris Del Conte.
- Swimming and Diving recognized as CSCAA Scholar All-American teamsTeams must have a roster of 12 or more student-athletes and register a GPA of 3.0 or higher for the honor
- Granic earns Big 12 Women’s Tennis Player of the Week honorsUT junior went 5-0 en route to claiming singles title at prestigious Freeman Memorial Championships.
- Video: A Homecoming To RememberMalcolm Roach grew up dreaming about playing in the Sugar Bowl and made the most of his opportunity.
- Texas Athletics places third in 2018 GameDay Recycling ChallengeLonghorns jump in standings due to overhaul of sustainability procedures on gameday.
- Video: LHN Tiffany Jackson WiredGo All-Access with Texas Women's Basketball assistant coach Tiffany Jackson.
By BARRY WILNER, AP Pro Football Writer KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The New...